VP, Retail Sales
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Eastern Iowa
- Date Posted: 9/16/2022
- Apply By: 05/25/2023
The VP, Retail Sales Manager is primarily responsible for planning, leading, coordinating, overseeing, and supporting Retail Banking’s sales, service, and quality efforts, internally and externally, consistent with the Bank’s vision, mission, values, and strategic plan. In this role, the incumbent primarily provides strategic direction and guidance; assists in developing and guiding the implementation of relevant policies, procedures, and related training; provides operational and managerial support; and monitors branch and bank performance working closely with branch managers, to support achievement of Retail Banking’s objectives.
· Actively participates in and provides leadership/support for retail sales activities
a. Provides guidance, support, and direction to managers in support of sales objectives
b. Sells (cross-sell) and/or refers deposit, credit, investment, and other products to customers/prospects to meet their financial needs and objectives. Works to improve sales skills
c. Assists in calling, waits on, and listens to customer/prospects in order to help them, when applicable
d. Participates in community and civic activities to promote the bank and its products/services
· Monitors, evaluates, communicates, and improves branch and bank-wide sales performance
a. Working with branch managers sets sales, revenue, and income goals and reviews performance against targets. Reviews sales results with retail managers
b. Working with branch managers, motivates, recognizes, and rewards employees for consistent and superior sales achievement
c. Provides timely and effective communications (including sales meetings and branch visits)
d. Ensures that managers and employees are held accountable for sales in their reviews
· Develops Retail Banking sales plan and provides direction to and support for the branch sales effort.
a. Guides and assists branch managers in the development and implementation of branch business
b. Works with branch managers and human resources to recruit, select, develop, and retain sufficient and qualified staff to enable the achievement of sales, service, and quality objectives
c. Works with the branch managers, and others to select, develop, and deliver sales management, sales, referral, and product knowledge training for all branch staff
d. Works with the IT/Operations Officer to select and implement technical/operational tools to improve sales
e. Develops, documents, and implements consistent policies/procedures to improve sales effectiveness
f. Identifies, with input from branch manager, sales performance benchmarks at all levels
· High Performance Growth (HPG) coaching/training, goal setting, and communicating results
· Enters applications in Decision Pro and has knowledge of consumer lending as a backup to Branch Managers
· Assures compliance with the bank’s loan policies and state and federal regulations
· Reviews and/or prepares a variety of financial and analytical reports
· Coaches/counsels branch managers and other Retail staff in achievement of goals
· Coordinates implementation of bank-wide campaigns relating to retail products
· Provides quality customer service when answering customer questions and resolving customer complaints in person or via telephone
· Customer service management of Retail employees
· Acts as a back-up for a Branch Manager when they are absent from the office
· Work in conjunction with the F&M Bank Division/ Retail Banking
· Supports Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) through business development efforts
· Actively upholds the organization’s vision, mission and values, encompassing mutual respect, honoring commitments, working with integrity and accepting responsibility for own actions
· Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy, shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, promotes working environment free of harassment of any type
· Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations
· Has a strong commitment and dedication to internal and external customer service
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university or five or more years of related experience and/or training. Work related experience should consist of background in managerial, branch and/or group management, banking/financial service, sales and service management, and business development skills. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry, data processing industry, or trust services industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry. Basic knowledge of Bank operations, products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other Bank operational policies and procedures. Proficient in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; software programs of diverse functionality used by the Bank, including but not limited to, desktop applications and administrative programs and resources. (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Typing skills to meet production needs of the position. Proficient math skills: balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees. Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Bank activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Bank activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate). Effective organizational and time management skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
If you wish to be part of a dynamic and growing banking organization, we would like to hear from YOU!
You may complete an on-line application at: www.cbibanks.com. Or, you may submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Central Bancshares, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
301 Iowa Avenue
Muscatine, IA 52761
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans