Compliance Officer 1
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Muscatine Downtown Banking Center
- Date Posted: 6/4/2021
- Apply By: 06/04/2026
Reviews current and proposed regulations in order to build an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment and its impact on the financial industry and the Bank. Assists in advising management of regulatory changes and assists in implementing the required changes to existing Bank policies and procedures. Collects and analyzes data, and prepares management reports, covering various compliance-related topics. May be asked to present the reports to Bank committees or various levels of management. Performs periodic audits to ensure regulatory compliance. Serves as an active member of various committees, providing guidance and expertise related to regulatory compliance matters. Depending on experience, may act as chairperson of one or more of these committees in the absence of the Senior Compliance Officer. Provides administrative support to management related to examinations and audits conducted by third parties. Assists with or consults on reports required by state and federal regulations. Assists in preparing reports and training resources for the Bank’s board of directors as required by regulations or Bank policy. Assists in issuing reports to Bank management that detail the results of audits and recommended corrective action.
- Knowledge of banking regulations is preferred.
- On-the-job training is available to otherwise highly qualified candidates.
- Work experience in a financial regulatory agency and/or accounting/audit firm will be given preference.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers, other employees, and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations and to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; or three or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work related experience should consist of general financial institution experience, with compliance-related experience preferred.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
If you wish to be part of a dynamic and growing banking organization, we would like to hear from YOU!
You may complete an on-line application at: www.cbibanks.com. Or, you may submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
CBI Bank & Trust
Attn: Human Resources
301 Iowa Avenue
Muscatine, IA 52761
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.